How to Setup Gmail in Outlook 2016?
In today's busy world, where managing everything is quite a time-consuming option, people look for more efficient options. One such example is how you can 2 different emails at the same time, that is Gmail and Outlook. It helps you to manage your mails easily as well as to save time. Today we will discuss some steps using which you can set up your Gmail account in Outlook 2016.
Steps to Manually Add Gmail to Outlook 2016
- Open Gmail, go to the forwarding option.
- Now, select IMAP from IMAP/POP and save the change.
- Next up, open Outlook and select the file.
- From the “add account” option, add your Gmail account.
- Now click on manual setup.
- Next up, enter the following details;
- Account type: IMAP
- map.gmail.com for the incoming mail server
- smtp.gmail.com for the outgoing mail server
- Now, select the “my outgoing server requires authentication” from the outgoing server menu.
- Use the same settings for your outgoing mail server too.
- Next up, check to see these fields in advanced settings;
- Incoming server: 993 or 143.
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL.
- Outgoing server: 587 or 465.
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: Choose either auto or TLS.
- You have successfully set up your Gmail in Outlook 2016.
For any further assistance, you can either visit the Onlinegeeks.net website or you can contact the Microsoft help center.